Monday 8 April 2013

Yosemite National Park

I saw this video last week and now Yosemite National Park is somewhere at the top of my list of to-go-places.

The park actually covers about 1200 square miles but only a small portion of that is visited by the public. The  majority has been untouched by humans. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, actually. On one hand, I think people need to do more to connect with nature. On the other, I think it's kind of romantic how no person has ever ventured there. 

20% of California's plant species reside there, and there are hundreds of different wildlife species. Just look at this video I was talking about: 



Ugh, hold me, it's so pretty. And what saddens me the most is how a million years ago, this is what the whole Earth looked like, before we started violently littering it and building crappy office buildings! No, our ancestors were smarter -- that's why we can't find a lot of tools they used. They didn't litter. While in the future, people are probably discovering all kinds of Coca Cola cans we use today. What if 2000 years from now there's no place like Yosemite left?

You see, that's also another reason why I want to travel. To see it all before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash.com